This program is currently offered at no cost and consists of eight modules, each approximately 1/2 hour in length with a short quiz to follow. You can complete the quizzes as many times as you like. There is also a pdf manual you can print – it is approximately 70 pages and follows along with all the modules.
The modules include the following:
- Sexual assault issues and risks, trauma informed services and EESAS overview
- Psychological considerations and consequences
- Triage and drug facilitated sexual assault considerations
- Consent, sexual assault history and interview techniques
- Injury assessment and BALD STEP guide to physical findings
- Body examination and evidence collection
- Genital examination and evidence collection
- Treatment, discharge considerations and follow up
Ideally you will complete all eight modules to help understand the role of various professionals and the entire spectrum of services the person who has been sexually assaulted experiences. The goal is to facilitate comprehensive understanding of all the phases of sexual assault care between professionals, which is not achieved if selectively taking modules. Once you have completed all desired modules, you will be asked to complete the information in a short survey link. A certificate will be mailed to you when this information is received.
EESAS Outline 2019
Please refer to the step by step guide to register for the course.